Reading assignment spherical geometry - Part 1
From EscherMathJump to navigationJump to search
Carefully read the sections 1, 2, 3 and 4 and answer the following questions:
- Q1. What are geodesics? Why are they important?
- Q2. What are antipodal points?
- Q3. What do we know about the sum of the angles if a triangle on the sphere?
- Q4. What is the defect of a triangle? What would the defect of a quadrilateral be? Why?
- Q5. How many regular tessellation of the sphere do we have? How does that compare to Euclidean geometry?
- Q6. What are Platonic Solids and how are they related to spherical geometry?