The Dot and the Line
From EscherMathJump to navigationJump to search
This short movie is based on the book The Dot and the Line: A Romance in Lower Mathematics by Norton Juster (1963). The latter was inspired by Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions.
- Run time: 10 minutes
- Release date: 1965
- Directors: Chuck Jones and Maurice Noble
- Producers: Chuck Jones and Les Goldman
- Award: 1965 Academy Award for Animated Short Film
The movie can be found online: The Dot and the Line on Youtube
- Watch the movie with a critical eye. Do you see any mistakes?
- What types of shapes do we encounter in the first 5 minutes of the movie?