Worksheet for Cathedral trip
- digital camera - at least one per group
At the Basilica, your assignment is to find two interesting examples of rosettes , of border patterns and of wallpaper patterns.(So six all together.)
You and your team mate(s) will create a document showing photographs of the six patterns you chose, with a description. You should clearly explain what kind of symmetry group each pattern has and why. You will create a line drawing of the patterns and indicate the translations, rotations, reflections, and glide reflections on them. You will need to include the drawings as well in your document.
- Organization of the document.
- Correctly identified the rosette, border and wallpaper patterns
- Mention where the patterns are located within the church
- Accurate description of the patterns. This includes a line drawing of the pattern with the symmetries sketched in.
- Correctly assigned the symmetry group to the patterns
- Quality of photographs and drawings.