Border Pattern Project
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 19:59, 2 October 2012 by Barta (Created page with "==Assignment== * Create one (small) design. This design should be interesting but not too complicated. A single geometric shape is not enough for instance. * Create 3 different b...")
- Create one (small) design. This design should be interesting but not too complicated. A single geometric shape is not enough for instance.
- Create 3 different border patterns with your design by introducing different symmetries.
- The final border patterns need to be finished works. They should either be cleanly drawn in ink, or cleanly done in color.
- Each border pattern needs to be on a separate piece of paper.
- You must create these by hand
- One page showing your design. This may be a sketch, but I do want to see a record of the design you picked.
- The three finished border patterns with the symmetry group identified.
- A short paper explaining how you created the border patterns and identifying their respective symmetry groups.
- 5 points - for the design
- 20 points - for the 3 border patterns (is it neatly drawn, is it a real border pattern, are all 3 different)
- 15 points for the identification of the correct symmetry groups
- 10 points for a clear description of your border patterns in the paper and a short discussion of what the symmetry groups must be