Cathedral Basilica Field Trip and Poster Assignment
- digital camera - at least one per group
At the Basilica your assignment is to find interesting examples of a rozette, of a border pattern and of a wallpaper pattern.
You and your team mate(s) will create a poster showing a photograph of the three patterns you chose, with a description. You should clearly explain what kind of symmetry group each pattern has and why. You will create a line drawing of the patterns and indicate the translations, rotations, reflections, and glide reflections on them.
- Organization of the poster website.
- Correctly identified the rozette, border and wallpaper pattern
- Mention where the patterns are located within the church
- Accurate description of the patterns. This includes a line drawing of the pattern with the symmetries sketched in.
- Correctly assigned the symmetry group to the patterns
We will be using PBWorks - an educational Wiki - to create the poster/webpage.
The site is located at [Geometry at PBWorks]