Course:Harris, Fall 07: Diary Week 1
From EscherMathJump to navigationJump to search
- written statements, "why are you taking the course, or whatever"
- free time, look at Escher in offical site galleries
- what's neat about Escher?
- impossible figures
- evolving shapes
- tesselation implies geometry (ex: http://www.mcescher.com/ > Galleries > Switzerland and Belgium > Development II)
- what is a tessellation?
- straight sides
- repeated images (required only for "regular" tessellations)
- no gaps
- vertices meet vertices