Course:SLU MATH 124: Math and Escher - Spring 2011 - Dr. Anneke Bart
From EscherMathJump to navigationJump to search
- Class Meets: TTh 2:15-3:30 in RH 316
- Anneke Bart
- Office: Ritter Hall 115
- Office Hours: TTh 1-2 or by appointment.
- Email: email@example.com
- Prerequisite: 3 years of high school mathematics or Math 120 (College Algebra).
- Attendance is required. You will have in-class work to be done in groups. One unexcused absence is allowed. Six absences will cause you to lose two letter grades. I only excuse absences when presented with official documentation.
- Homework will be due weekly. Your work should be neat, legible, and stapled. Cooperation is good, but write up results separately. Late homework is always accepted, but I will not write comments and will automatically give a score of 5 (out of 10) if the work is of reasonable quality.
- Exams. I give makeup exams only for severe and documented reasons.
- Exam 1:
- Exam 2:
- Final: Thursday May 12, 2:00-3:50
- Grading is on a straight scale, with 90%,80%,70%,60% guaranteeing A,B,C,D.
Grading is weighted as follows (a total of 1200 points):
- Homework: 200 points
- Attendance and in-class work: 200 points
- Projects (2): 100 points each
- Exams(2): 150 points each
- Final: 300 points
Also required for the course is D. Schattschneider, Visions of Symmetry. H. Abrams 2004, available at the university bookstore. The paperback 1990 edition is also acceptable.