Difference between revisions of "Escher Tessellations Using Geometer’s Sketchpad"
From EscherMathJump to navigationJump to search
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
Latest revision as of 08:55, 24 January 2009
- Open the Geometer’s Sketchpad application
- Construct a square
- Make the sides appear as dashed lines
- Construct the midpoints on the sides
- Change one half of each side, and rotate that deformed piece by 180 degrees.
Now rotate about the midpoints of the sides (through 180 degrees).
- Decorate the tessellation on this page.
- Create your own and decorate that one as well.
- Do the same exercise, but start with a different quadrilateral (it can be a parallelogram, rhombus, irregular, concave, whatever you want to experiment with.)