Escher Tessellations Using Geometer’s Sketchpad
From EscherMathJump to navigationJump to search
- Open the Geometer’s Sketchpad application
- Construct a square
- Make the sides appear as dashed lines
- Construct the midpoints on the sides
- Change one half of each side, and rotate that deformed piece by 180 degrees.
Now rotate about the midpoints of the sides (through 180 degrees).
- Decorate the tessellation on this page.
- Create your own and decorate that one as well.
- Do the same exercise, but start with a different quadrilateral (it can be a parallelogram, rhombus, irregular, concave, whatever you want to experiment with.)