Platonic Solids Exploration
From EscherMathJump to navigationJump to search
- Look at Escher’s Reptiles (Magic of M.C. Escher #307). What platonic solid is the focal point of this picture?
- Look at Escher’s Crystal (Magic of M.C. Escher #170). It is built out of two intersecting platonic solids. Which two are they?
- Look at Dali’s The Last Supper. What platonic solid forms the window?
- Fill out the following table:
Shape # of vertices # of edges # of faces Tetrahedron Cube Octahedron Dodecahedron Icosahedron
- Find mathematical patterns in the table.