Reading assignment spherical geometry - Part 2
Revision as of 13:36, 4 October 2015 by Barta
Carefully read the sections 6-12 and answer the following questions:
- Q1. What is the Euler characteristic?
- Q2. What is the dual of a tessellation? What is the dual of a cube?
- Q3. What do we know about translations and rotations on the sphere? Are they related?
- Q4. Follow the link to the Wikipedia page about symmetry groups of the sphere. The page divides the symmetries in different types. What are they?
- Q5. What is most surprising to you about spherical geometry after reading the spherical geometry section?