Wallpaper Symmetry Exploration
- Printed copy of the Wallpaper Symmetry Exploration.
- Copy of the flowchart
For the following geometric wallpaper patterns
- Choose a point and mark the lattice of all translations of the point.
- Mark all centers of rotation symmetry.
- Identify and mark mirror lines.
- Use the flowchart to identify the symmetry group of each pattern.
|A. File:Stars-p4m.svg||B. File:Honeycomb.svg|
For each of these sketches from Escher's regular division drawings, use the flow chart to identify the symmetry group of each pattern (ignore colors).
- Sketch #10 (Fish)
- Sketch #13 (Dragonflies)
- Sketch #17 (Parrots)
- Sketch #30 (Fish and boats)
- Sketch #85 (Fish, bats, lizards)
Instructor:Wallpaper Symmetry Solutions (Instructors only)