This course is over.
All student project pages and final projects are here:
CSCI 3820 student work 2016
- Meets: TR 9:30-10:45 in RH 117
- Instructor: Dr. Bryan Clair
- Syllabus: syllabus.pdf
- Textbook: Angel and Shreiner,
Interactive Computer Graphics: A Top-Down Approach with WebGL (7th Edition),
Demo programs from class
- 1/12: Angel, Chapter 1
- 1/21: Angel, Chapter 2.4-2.7. Learn about polygons, triangulation, color, projection, clipping, viewport, aspect ratio.
- 1/26: Angel, Chapter 9. Learn about modeling and the scene graph.
- 2/2: Angel, Chapter 4.3, 4.7-4.10. Coordinate systems, transformation matrices.
- 2/4: Angel, Chapter 5-5.7. The camera model.
- 2/11: Angel, Chapter 7.3-7.5. Textures and filtering.
- 2/23: Angel, Chapter 6. Lighting and shading.
- 3/15: Angel, Chapter 7.7-7.9. Environment, reflection, normal maps.
- 3/29: Angel, Chapter 12.1-12.3. Ray-tracing.
Due at midnight.
The final project is due Tuesday, May 3 at midnight.
- Due Tuesday 2/2 (pa2.pdf): three.js object modeling. table, sierpinski, orrery.
- Due Tuesday 2/9 (pa3.pdf): views. Written portion (pa3-written.pdf): some matrix transformation math.
- Due Thursday 2/18 (pa4.pdf): Loading models and using textures. teapot, train.
- Due Thursday 3/3 (pa5.pdf): Phong shader.
- Due Tuesday 3/22 (pa6.pdf): Still life.